Our Purpose is to empower people with a disability to live a life they choose.
Passion and creativity: Our passion and creativity is limitless in our partnership with the people we support
Respect & Empowerment: We respect everyone and we will empower the people we support to gain control in the choices they make to achieve their hopes and dreams.
Integrity: We will ensure what we do is what we believe. We will have integrity in all that we do.
Our Quality Commitment:
SGSCC disAbility is committed to the implementation and compliance with the NDIS Code of Conduct and Practice Standards.
SGSCC disAbility participated in Third Party Verifications (TPV) and was awarded quality Certificates of Registration by HDAA in 2013 and 2016. These third party verifications ensured that we operated our service delivery systems in compliance with the National Disability Standards, the NSW Disability Standards and relevant legislation.
An Audit conducted in September 2019 will ensure service delivery and quality are in compliance with the NDIS Code of Conduct and Practice Standards. Surveillance will be conducted annually between audits that will conducted every three years.
NDIS Code of Conduct & Practice Standards
The NDIS Code of Conduct and Practice Standards underpins all that we do at SGSCC disAbility.
THE NDIS CODE OF CONDUCT
The NDIS Code of Conduct will require workers and providers delivering NDIS supports and services to do the following in providing those supports and services:
- Act with respect for individual rights to freedom of expression, self-determination and decision-making in accordance with applicable laws and conventions
- Respect the privacy of people with disability
- Provide supports and services in a safe and competent manner with care and skill
- Act with integrity, honesty and transparency
- Promptly take steps to raise and act on concerns about matters that may impact the quality and safety of supports and services provided to people with disability
- Take all reasonable steps to prevent and respond to all forms of violence against, and exploitation, neglect and abuse of, people with disability
- Take all reasonable steps to prevent and respond to sexual misconduct
If you would like more information about the NDIS Code of Conduct and the Practice Standards please visit the NDIS Quality & Safety Commission https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/